French Market Recipe 2024 04
Poulet rôti au miel au truffe
Roast chicken with truffle honey
- 1 fresh chicken
- 1 jar of truffle honey from the French Market
- Knob of butter to baste chicken.
- 250ml light cream
- Spoonful of olive oil
- Black Truffle salt from the French Market
- Packet of Italian frozen spaghetti from the French Market
- Preheat the oven to 180C degrees
- Rub the chicken skin with butter
- Cook the chicken in a covered cooking pan for 40 minutes per kilo or part thereof, baste with cooking juice about every 15 minutes
- Remove cover from chicken and cook for 20 minutes until golden.
- While chicken is nearing end of cooking time, bring salted water to boil in a saucepan
- Add the pasta and a spoonful of olive oil, cook for a few minutes until almost soft, but still slightly hard in the centre (al dente)
- Strain off water, return pasta to saucepan and pour cream over pasta, turn lightly to ensure pasta well coated, keep warm
- Remove chicken from oven and baste the outside with 2 or 3 teaspoons of truffle honey
- Serve the pasta onto individual plates, sprinkle truffle salt over the top.
- Slice the chicken and place slices over the pasta
- Spoon the truffle honey glaze remaining in the roasting pan over the slices
Serve with a glass of Louis Latour Valmoissine pinot noir available at our French Market shop in Cape Town or order online with us.