French Market Recipe 2023 23
Amuse-bouche de Brie
Brie cocktail nibbles
Ingredients for 2
- 100g pasteurised French Brie
- 1 egg
- 100g fine breadcrumbs
- 50g flour
- Salt and pepper
- Sunflower Oil for deep frying
- Wooden toothpicks (optional)
- 2 or 3 teaspoons of Edmond Fallot’s Moutarde en grains au vin blanc (wholegrain)
- Prepare two wide soup bowls, pour the flour into one, add a pinch of salt and some ground black pepper, mix together
- In the other bowl put the breadcrumbs.
- Break an egg into a bowl and beat with a fork until well mixed.
- Cut the brie into bite sized pieces and roll each piece of brie in flour.
- Use a toothpick to dip each piece of brie into the beaten egg until well covered
- Toss the brie in the breadcrumbs.
- In order to get a thicker coating, re-dip the brie in the egg and roll again in the breadcrumbs.
- Once the brie nibbles are coated, place on a plate and cool in fridge for an hour or until you are ready to cook them.
- Heat up enough oil in a deep based saucepan to deep fry the nibbles. The oil should be very hot.
- Prepare a plate with paper towel to absorb the extra oil once cooked.
- Put a few nibbles at a time into the hot oil. They should turn brown in a few seconds and must be taken out straight away so that the Brie does not leak out
- Continue to cook the nibbles until all are done.
Serve immediately, accompanied by a bowl of the wholegrain Fallot mustard for a dip and pair with a glass of Valmoissine Chardonnay by Louis Latour available from our shop or order online from us.